Day Trips to Newport, RI
COMING THIS MAY- BY POPULAR DEMAND, DAY TRIP TO NANTUCKET FROM BOSTON!!!
Newport, Rhode Island known as “America’s First Resort” is home to the famous Newport Mansions. These awe inspiring “cottages” were summer homes to many of the nation’s wealthiest families during the gilded age. Our day trips to Newport, Rhode Island, put you up close to these pieces of history.
St. Mary’s Parish (the oldest Catholic parish in RI) was the site of the September 12, 1953 wedding ceremony of John Fitzgerald Kennedy and Jacqueline Bouvier. Their reception was then held at Hammersmith Farm (also in Newport).
Newport is also known as the “sailing capital of the world” and home to the Naval War College and America’s oldest existing synagogue, the Touro Synagogue. Sports fans taking a day trip from Boston to Newport will enjoy discount admission at the International Tennis Hall of Fame, just by showing your NETS Discount Card.
Simply put, with its breathtaking coastline and Colonial flavor, Newport is a must see, once in a lifetime destination . This is one New England Trip that you will never forget.
Your day trip from Boston to Newport, RI, includes:
- Roundtrip transportation from Boston to Newport RI (direct Boston hotel pickup in our comfortable 14 passenger mini-coach bus)
- Admission to the Breakers : summer home to Cornelius Vanderbilt II and his family. Featuring 70 rooms and covering nearly an acre of the Vanderbilt’s 13 acre oceanfront estate.
- One hour narrated tour of Newport; view the many sights that Newport has to offer and hear the tales that go along with each of them.
- Newport guide book
- New England Trips Discount Card (discounts at various Newport restaurants, shops and attractions)
- Admission to the Elms : summer home to Mr. & Mrs. Edward Julius Berwind. This mansion was completed in 1901 and its grounds are considered among the most beautiful in all of Newport.
Newport Mansions Small Group Day Trip from Boston
The Newport Mansions day tour is fantastic. Our guide Chris was on time with the hotel pickup and was very accommodating. If you like architecture, history, beautiful waterfront views, and delicious food, this tour is for you! Best hassle free way to tour Newport from Boston. I would highly recommend this tour and New England Trips!